Thanks for your interest in working with us!
Thrifty Nomads is an inspiration hub for affordable travel created by a husband-wife team, Jen & Ted. Our goal is to not only motivate people to travel, but to show them exactly how to do it. If this is a concept you’re passionate about, let’s talk!
The Thrifty Nomads Audience
Our readers are everyday dreamers looking to find ways to travel cheaper, sooner. Our audience is made of real-life wanderlusters with a thirst for affordable exploration.
Topics that our readers are most interested in include:
- Booking cheap flights & accommodation
- Destination guides with detailed, accurate information
- Budget travel topics, such as how to travel cheaply in pricey/popular places
- Travel hacking
- Saving up for travel from home
Share your thrifty tips – come write with us!
Want to help aspiring travellers make their dream trips a reality? We’re seeking thrifty-minded globetrotters with a flair for writing to create top-notch travel content. If you’ve got the travel bug, some miles under your belt, and the ability to write detailed, accurate information, then we want to hear from (and PAY) you!
What we’re looking for
We created Thrifty Nomads to inspire affordable travel. By offering practical, cost-free information, we aim to not only ignite bucket list trips, but to show people how to make them happen.
Now, we haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on our list! As such, we’re looking to hire talented writers to grow our site. We are currently seeking casual writers, but are open to long-term contributors if it suits. Here are some article types we’re seeking, (though we’d love your ideas too!):
- Destination guides (long-form, detailed posts on regions and/or cities where the writer has spent more than just a few days). Specific regions of interest include but aren’t limited to: Africa, Canada, Iceland, USA, Southeast Asia.
- Various budget travel topics (e.g. Is a Eurail Pass worth the cost?, How to fly cheap in Asia, How to avoid excess baggage fees)
- Travel hacks in a how-to guide format (e.g. how to rack up rewards points quickly, best credit cards for travel hacking)
- How-to guides on various topics (e.g. how to travel cheaply with children, how to travel if you have debt, how to hitchhike like a boss)
- Work & travel topics (e.g. how to teach overseas, how to work remotely & travel)
- Inspirational posts (e.g. how I ditched my uni degree to travel)
- “Listicles” e.g. 5 Must-Visit Cheap Countries in Africa, 10 Epic Street Foods in Japan
What do we look for in a blog post? Digestible information that is concise, accurate, and nicely broken up with headings. We like our readers to gain new knowledge from our articles, without having to tease through needless fluff. Where applicable, the inclusion of practical external websites is encouraged. Quality photos desirable if they can be provided, but aren’t essential.
Templates with a detailed outline for proposed blog posts will be provided to successful applicants.
Rate of pay & how to apply
As hard-working bloggers ourselves, we don’t believe in making people write for us in exchange for monetary-free “exposure”. Your time is money. Serious applicants will be provided with information on rates, and all writers on our site are paid!
Interested? Kindly send us the following information to [email protected]:
- Background info about yourself including writing experience and where you’re from, trips you’ve done (including destination(s) and length of stay in a particular region if you wish to write a destination guide on it)
- Minimum 2 samples of your writing OR a draft/outline of any of our required article types listed above
- Ideas for blog post(s) topics you are interested in writing
Due to the large number of e-mails we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted. Thank you!